Friday, November 14, 2008

Online Dating Ideas: Examples of Good Personals Ads

Don't copy these profiles exactly -- just use them as examples of what works. Sharing plenty of fun, specific examples adds personality to your profile, and gives people something to respond to.

Wacky single seeks same for romance (Woman Seeking Man)
Hello! I'm a 29-year-old, never-married, fun-loving woman who lives and works (very hard) in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm 5'7", 130 pounds with black hair, blue eyes, and bright green-painted toenails. I'm a huge music fan and love the Dave Matthews Band, Cake, Tom Petty, Susan Tedeschi, and the Gypsy Kings. I love all types of movies; my all-time favorites include "Raging Bull" and "It's a Wonderful Life." I also enjoy curling up with a good book, and right now I'm in the middle of "The Corrections." I want to learn to play the guitar, speak Spanish, and snowboard with grace. What I value most in life is my rather large family, the Earth, and my hobby -- photography. One day, I hope to become the coolest, sexiest mom with a van full of kids you've ever seen. If you love mushroom ravioli, romantic nights by a fire, and spring camping trips, please reply! I'm seeking an honest man between ages 27 and 35 who is taller than me, wants kids, likes to go hiking, lives nearby, and can appreciate a woman who's often been called "refreshing." Men who enjoy karaoke bars and foreign films earn extra points.

I'll hold you late at night (Man Seeking Woman)
Are you looking for a sensitive man who'll really listen to you after a hard day's work? Look no further! I'm good looking: 6'1", blonde, brown eyes, dark skin, nice lips. I may not be the smartest man in the world, but I work hard in every facet of my life. I'm also divorced with no children. I guarantee I can change the oil in your car in 10 minutes flat. Just looking for a woman who appreciates Sunday picnics, baseball games, fine French dining, Broadway shows, casual BBQ dinners on my porch, and a little imperfection every now and then.

No comments: